MadTeach

MadTeach got its name because I used to teach in Madison, WI, and that used to make me pretty mad...now I teach in a large city... totally different scene... but I'm keeping the name. :-)

Disclaimer: Links to other websites DO NOT imply support for all content or opinions on these sites!

Friday, January 14, 2005

four and a half days to go

next week the semester ends, and with it, my student teaching obligations. i feel pretty relaxed, all things considered, and am really enjoying my students in these last few days.

what have i learned, my supervisor wants to know. i don't know if i'll tell him all of this, but...

i've learned that it works really well to be myself, remain calm, and trust my instincts.

i'd like to say i actually learned how to do all these this, but at this point, all i've learned is that it is a good idea.

what i mean is, every time i show someone a plan and they tell me i've got it all wrong, and i change it to suit their recommendations, i find that (a) it would have gone better if i had done it the way i had planned and (b) i actually didn't understand their recommendations until after i screwed them up, so, no matter how brilliant their idea was... well, see (a).

i've also learned not to panic continuously. i think i really do have that one licked, which is pretty amazing given that i've been in a fairly continuous state of panic for many, many years.

Wellllllll let's see how this looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home