MadTeach

MadTeach got its name because I used to teach in Madison, WI, and that used to make me pretty mad...now I teach in a large city... totally different scene... but I'm keeping the name. :-)

Disclaimer: Links to other websites DO NOT imply support for all content or opinions on these sites!

Friday, June 10, 2005

Unlearning common sense

On another blog, a commenter noted:

In second or third or fourth grade, or whenever it is that they teach children the devastating math concept called "greater than and lesser than," I was utterly stumped by the entire concept.

Basically I'd immediately grasped and then discarded as too easy the whole concept of pointing a caret in the direction of the smaller of two numbers. I mean, who would seriously waste class time on something that stupid?



I rest my case. I'll rest it more thoroughly another time.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger goblinbox said...

Hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home