MadTeach

MadTeach got its name because I used to teach in Madison, WI, and that used to make me pretty mad...now I teach in a large city... totally different scene... but I'm keeping the name. :-)

Disclaimer: Links to other websites DO NOT imply support for all content or opinions on these sites!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

OTOH

Just finished my lesson plans. And I gotta tell you... today when I was calling M's mother in the hallway, the students were at first acting up and I stepped back into the room to scream at them... then back out to finish the call.

When I came back in, a bunch of them had gotten out the brooms and were sweeping the room... very intently and carefully... I can still see their intense little faces.

Is that not the sweetest thing you ever heard? Even if they were just trying to get out of doing math, or hoping I would cancel out one of their 'silent lunches,' that is so sweet.

At the time I was so flustered from the M incident that I just said, "I appreciate the sentiment but this is math time, not cleanup time! Put the brooms away and get out your math!" But tomorrow I will thank them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home